The Western Online Press, LLC
Submission Guidelines for The Western Online Press, LLC.
• Put EBOOK SUBMISSION and the Title of the Story in the Subject Line.
• Submit the entire story in one attachment.
• Submissions must be at least 20,000 words.
• Story should be in standard manuscript format.
• Double space, 12 point font, Times New Roman or Courier.
• Include your Name, Email Address and Word Count at the top of the first page.
• Include a brief biography of 100 words or less written in third person in the body of your email.
• Submit all work to: [email protected]
• Please read the General Guidelines below before submitting work.
Our primary focus is the traditional post-Civil War Western. However, we will consider any story that is connected with the early settling of America that takes place during the 1700s and early 1800s, from swashbuckling pirates to mountain men and the early pioneers. All stories must be set in the 17th, 18th, or 19th centuries and deal with the opening and exploration of the American West.
Since people who lived in the Old West tended to be somewhat superstitious and tales of ghosts often ran rampart, we will consider stories with supernatural elements (ghost stories, or stories dealing with regional folklore; some horror elements may even be okay, query first) as long as the story is clearly a Western. We will consider Weird Westerns as long as the story is done tastefully. We will consider Steampunk that is set in the Old West.
We don't publish stories with spaceships or aliens, no space westerns, no modern westerns, nothing set in the mid to late 20th century and no adult Westerns. We do not publish stories with explicit sex or pornography. Do not submit sexually explicit work or any work that insults race, gender or religion.